Had the opportunity to share some thoughts and insights from NEA Bagmati Province regarding the Way Forwards for the Learnings from National Reconstruction Authority.
It was great to hear the initiatives of NRA in the process of documentation of learnings and its effort to form a solid foundation for the NDRRMA.
Being a DRRM Professional, I'm looking forward to the:
1. Open Sharing Policy of the data, resources and learning from NRA.
2. Documentation of the best practices, experiences and learnings.
3. Application of the learnings and experiences of Engineers and technical resources towards the sustainable development and Mega-Disaster Risk Reduction Initiatives in the country
4. Coordination with National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority and other line agencies for the most critical needs of the country (Risk Sensitive Land Use planning, School Safety, implementing Building Codes and Building Permit system in the local levels).
5. Capacitating the human resources and making them prepared to work for the sustainable risk reduction.
6. Efforts by the NRA in mobilizing and managing the existing rich human resources in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction.
7. Scientific Papers in the Journals of Progress in Disaster Science